Decide To Be Free
by Cielo Cloud
When I first started my business, I was truly taking a big leap of faith. I wanted to venture out on my own for so long but it took something really big and drastic to happen before I finally made the decision to go for it.
After a couple of years of feeling miserable and stuck in my corporate job, I was really sick and tired of being sick and tired. I was so fed up of hearing myself complain and talk about the things I didn’t like about my job and the things I wanted to do in my life but I wasn’t doing.
I can only imagine how the people around me felt. I am sure they were tired of hearing me whine and complain as well. I didn’t realize how negative and toxic I had become.
I wanted so much more from my life and the monotony of my daily routine just was no longer working for me.
- I wanted to have more time with my kids.
- I wanted to be the type of mother who would be home when they got out of school.
- I dreamed about being able to fix them breakfast in the morning and a snack when they got home from school.
- I wanted to help them with their homework at a decent hour instead of rushing through it so they could go to sleep.
- I wanted to be able to drop them off at school in the morning instead of dropping them off at a daycare provider so that they could do it.
- I wanted to have more control of my time and my life instead of having someone else checking on what time I came in for work and what time I should leave.
Despite how it sounds, I did appreciate having a job because it helped pay my bills but deep down inside, I knew I wanted so much more than that. I was certain that there was more to life than this. I had this burning desire to find it and go after it.
I recall spending many nights dreaming about having my own business. It was so vivid that I could feel it and smell it just like a warm summer day. I didn’t realize it then but I had been prepping for this moment for a while. I would spend countless hours visualizing in my mind how my life would be like and how I would feel. I was planning my exit and didn’t even know it.
Having my own business to me meant having the ability to express myself freely and having the freedom to create my own day. I wanted to have the freedom to live and work the way I wanted. I longed to have the freedom to be there for my family when they needed me.
However, regardless of how much I wanted it, it took me years to really act on it. I was trapped by my own fears of failing. I didn’t feel like I deserved it.
Who was I to have this type of freedom?
- I was raised believing that I was lucky to have a stable job and that I should just work, be quiet and do as I was told.
- I was really afraid of not knowing whether I would succeed or fail.
- I was afraid of not knowing if I would make enough money to replace my current income.
- I didn’t believe I was worthy to be my own boss, nor did I believe I was capable or smart enough.
- I thought that only people who had a lot of money or with a college degree were able to start a business.
However, none of these things were true. They were all lies that I created in my own mind or a seed that I allowed someone else to plant in my head and I believed.
The truth is, we can do anything we want to do. However, it is up to us to decide.
- Decide to stop believing the lies or self-sabotaging thoughts that paralyze us from making a change.
- Decide to stop blaming others and take back control and accountability of own lives.
- Decide to make certain sacrifices that will help you in the long run
- Decide to commit to hitting your goals and dreams
We can dream about all of the things we want to do for the rest of our lives but a dream without action will always be just a dream.
Make your first step by making a decision. Whatever that decision is, only you know what it is right for you. Whatever it is…DECIDE.
Once you do that, everything else will follow.
- I work from home and run a thriving business.
- I design my day around what is most important to me.
- I am happier and more fulfilled with where I am.
- If I didn’t make that decision several years ago, I would not be where I am today.
- I would still be miserable, hopeless and probably with the same job staring at my cubicle walls, hoping not to be laid off.
Remember that the power truly lies within you…
Decide today to start making the changes you need to make for a better tomorrow. Decide to be FREE.
I would love to get some feedback. Tell me about some of the things you have been holding back from deciding.
Let’s connect on FB at www.facebook.com/virtualoutsourceconcept.
Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/voccielo.
Cielo Cloud is a Mother, Wife and Entrepreneur. Gaining most of her experience in Corporate America as an Executive Assistant, she decided to go into business for herself and founded Virtual Outsource Concept in 2008. She serves as the CEO, Business Developer, Business Trainer as well as a Distributor for Organo Gold. She passionately trains, develops new Virtual Assistants and teaches Business Owners how to maximize their full business potential. Her vision is to ultimately empower other women to start their own businesses that work in alignment with their true passion and purpose.